Asking the Right Questions When Visiting a Retirement Community
When considering any new place to call home, it’s important to have all the details you need to make an informed decision—and choosing a retirement community is no different.
Here is a short list of vital questions to ask as you visit different communities:
- How convenient is the location? What’s around the community?
- Is the community a true Continuing Care Retirement Community with a licensed Skilled Nursing Unit?
- What types of contracts and financial options are available?
- Does the community offer a Lifecare option?
- How does the management and staff address questions and concerns from its residents?
- Ask for a disclosure statement showing the community’s financial statements for the last 5 years. How much have fees increased?
- Is the community all-inclusive or are there ancillary charges for certain services & amenities? Check the fine print.
- Is the community prepared to serve its residents in case of an emergency?
Truly independent living comes from the confidence of knowing you made the best choice for your retirement.
Call CRANE’S MILL at 973-276-3001 to schedule a tour or click here to send us an email. We encourage you to ask us your questions.